Sunday, April 20, 2008

Update!

Getting ready to go to church! (Where's mom's head?!?!)
So cute in their overalls that are bigger than they are!
Ben~mad as fire about his overalls!
Tuckered out after a long day! ( Where's mom's head again?!?)
Today was our first day to attend church as a family! It was wonderful to be able to finally go. We've been working up the courage for the last couple of weeks, but this week we finally succeeded. The boys did ok in the beginning but we started to lose Abe about halfway through (those Sloan genes again!) and then we lost Ben right at the end. Those two know their feeding schedule better than any baby I have EVER seen! I probably pulled them out of service a little prematurely but I still just have this thing about the boys screaming in public, and especially quiet places. I know everyone at the church would be totally understanding and it's bound to happen sometime, but I just still have this thing about it. Get over it, right?!? It was great to have everyone meet them though. These babies have been loved and prayed for since the start and there were a lot of people ready to see the real goods!
After church, Jer and I decided to take advantage of the fact that we were all up, dressed and loaded up in the car...so we went to lunch. We also braved the mall with the babies in their stroller. What a scene we created. It's so funny how people react! I STILL cannot get over it. Truly, I hear all of the time about how common twins are but when we go out in public it's like we are a freak show! Sometimes I feel like we are even wearing signs that say, "Stop us! Ask us anything and make uneccessary comments!" I take it all in stride and I am really not complaining, I just find it humerous so I like to put it in the blog. For instance, we went to dinner Saturday night and our waitress asked me off the bat if I was breastfeeding. We didn't even get a "Hi, my name is...what would you like to drink?" When I told her yes, she then proceeded to scrunch up her face and say, "So they just go at it, both at the same time??" Uhhh...yeah...and I'll have an iced tea, thanks! I guess it's just human nature but it's strange nonetheless. For sure though, the good does outweigh the bad. I just try to use each opportunity that a stranger stops us to remember how blessed we are and what a gift from God my baby boys are!
This Tuesday Abe and Ben will be eight weeks old! It's hard to believe that two months has already passed. I still feel like it was just last week that they were born! I love them so much and they've been with us for only a few short weeks. Everyday we get a little more comfortable with each other and I constantly find myself learning them more and more. I think this last week really helped me to see that. We had such a great last couple of days and we are all starting to fall into our schedule. Their sleeping pattern is SOOOO much better too. They finally have their days and nights corrected. They go down at 11pm and having been waking up between 2:30 and 3:00am. They go back down after their feeding and they don't wake up until we wake them at 5. It's been wonderful! Who would have thought I would ever be so ecstatic about this kind of nights sleep! I don't have any updated weights because the boys haven't been back to the doc but they are chunking up by the day. Abe seems to be pushing 9lbs. and Ben is about 7 1/2. They've outgrown their premie clothes and Abe is in size 1 diapers. Crazy! Next week they start drivers-ed and then they're off to college!
We are all four doing really well though. Jer and I are, by the grace of God, adjusting to life as parents and the boys seem to really be settling into our family. What a blessing everyday is with them. What more can I say other than that I am humbled by God's mercy and kindness on our family. All praise be to Him!

1 comment:

Brian and Lauren said...

Isn't it funny how people just blurt these things out (heehee) next time you should have a really off the wall question ready and ask it when they throw those doozies at ya and say "See I can do it too" (just like on National Treasure) We wish we could have been there to see the boy's debut, but were praying for you and love you. We check on you often!!! Your family in Idaho