Sunday, August 24, 2008

Uptown on a Saturday

This past Saturday Jer and I took the boys to our brand new (and extremely fabulous) CPK! For those of you not familiar with CPK, allow me to translate: California Pizza Kitchen. I happen to LOVE this place and have eaten there in Cali, Colo., and Maryland. So needless to say I am more than ecstatic that ours is finally open. Anyway, I digress...
So, CPK. The boys did outstanding!! We had so many onlookers and people stopping to talk to us. This is par for the course but Saturday was even above and beyond. The Deuce were just eating it up too! Just a smilin' and cooin' for anyone who would look their way. Alas, we still had a couple of people make the comment that feels like bambo shoots under my nails, "My! You've got YOUR hands full!!" Aghhhhh!!! I cannot stand this comment! It's funny too. While my boys are usually sitting or sleeping quietly, the commentor's children are almost always running around like someone gave them espresso and a free puppy!
So, CPK. We ate lunch and then walked Uptown (our version of Centerra Mall) and finally stopped to listen to a folk musician who was playing children's songs while a dozen little kids ran giggling through the fountains. It was one of those suprisingly fantastic days. You know, the kind where you have nothing planned and you think it's going to be a doozy but it ends up, well....WOW?! So here's a few from our happy boys in their stroller...
A.B. with his "Harry Elafonte"A.B. and Benji
Happy boy, Benji. These are his *excited* eyes!

No comments: