Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bum Genius Update

I'm sure you all are wondering how cloth diapering is going. Sadly, I have nothing to report because we haven't begun yet. After I received my 6 diapers in the mail I realized how impossible it would be to "try" them out without all of the necessary accessories. So I bit the bullet and ordered the rest of the stuff. In total we will have 30 diapers, the diaper sprayer, 3 dozen cloth wipes, a roll of disposable liners, a wet bag for the the diaper bag, and a wet bag for our diaper pail. Whew! It seems like a lot but apparently it's all necessary (at least from what I've been told). The diapers are due to arrive Friday and I'm sure I'll be spending the weekend washing and re-washing them to make them more absorbable. I'm pretty nervous only because we've spent the last 6 months using disposable and I'm sure this is going to be a rude awakening. Either way, I committed now though. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Tania said...

You gotta make sure to take "bumm" shots when you get them!! you know.. Back when my kids were babies... I did it with the "old fassion" diapers and a toilet! :) hahahahaha dump and rince in the toilet then into the can! then wash in the bathtub... hang up around the bathroom.. sigh... enjoy! :)
Tania