Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Top 10 Ways I Pass the Days on Bed Rest

Top 10 Ways I Pass the Days on Bed Rest
1. Eating. Anything I can get my hands on in the ten seconds that I pass the fridge on my way to the "bathroom" all the while hoping that my maternity sweatpants will stretch just a little more to hold a couple Gatorades, apples, or whatever else sounds appealing at the moment.
2. Playing You Tube Vidoes. I wonder if my children will be music geniuses after the hours of American Idol tryouts that I subject their poor little in-utero ears to.
3. Watching TV. If not musical geniuses, I'm sure that my babies will surely go on to a fulfilling career as HGTV hosts after many hours listening to the hideous problems involved in selling a two-bed duplex in south L.A.
4. Drinking water. OH THE WATER!! Nalgene after Nalgene. This is apparently good for my babies, although I’m forced to leave my bed NUMEROUS times to go to the bathroom. .
5. Looking for stretch marks.
6. Consuming Tums. Gotta love heartburn during pregnancy especially when you spend 23 hours a day laying down. I've actually searched the internet to see if one can overdose on these chaulky little treats.
7. Learning to crochet! ME!
8. Trying new left side positions. Does it make a difference if I lean three millimetres this way or that, position the pillows here or there . . . it never does, of course (my ribs are screaming) but hey, you have to try.
9. Watching my belly contort into a variety of shapes as the babies sock and bop each other.
10. Remembering how lovely it is to stroll through Target with the girls, to go out for dinner with Jeremy. Or heck, just to make my own sandwich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I helped out with #5, not sure if it was welcoming gesture though.. Just glad to be apart of something.