Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer Days

Summer is in full swing around here and Ben has the blond hair to prove it! As hot as it's been these last weeks, {100+ most days} we've still been braving some of our favorite outdoor spots and soaking up as much sunshine and time with friends as the heat will allow! One of our favorite places to go has been our Thursday playgroup. There are sometimes as many as 23 kids at the park, including the five babies that have joined us since last September {FIVE!}. It's just always such a wonderfully fun time for the boys and a great time of encouragement, from some dear like-minded mommas, for me too.

Another one of our favorite spots to hang this summer has been the ABQ Flea Market! We've sort of inadvertently made it a weekend family tradition to go pick up breakfast burritos and then head to the fair grounds to hunt for treasures. And let me tell you, I had my doubts but have been absolutely blown away at the amount of good stuff at the flea market! Brand new, children's hardback books for $.50?! Yes, please! $1.00 for a Spiderman bike helmet for our little Evil Knieval's? Uh-huh! This last week, I even picked up this swing for three bucks! Quite a bargin, I'd say! And as happy as Abe doesn't look in this picture, it really has been a non-stop hit around here...and for more than just the little boys...
And as for the wee one, he's not so wee, but he is still just as sweet! We've started on the great and laborious endeavor that is "introducing solids." We shovel in, he spits it out, we shovel it in, he spits it out {wipe and repeat}. He's nursing five times a day and he's also cutting three teeth; both of his bottom and his top right. While it's made for a slightly fussier boy, I'd say his fussy still falls into most people's idea of content. As for sleep, he's continued to sleep 12 stretches at night and lets us know when he's ready for one of his three naps during the day. And I say this without exaggeration, this boy will sleep through just about anything and anywhere. He loves his momma but he is especially smitten with Mister A.B. In fact, Jer and I spend quite a bit of our day telling Abe to back up, get off, or let go of his Ju-Ju but the funny thing is that Judah NEVER seems to mind! He's rolling both directions and picking his chest up off the ground and I expect crawling is in our not so distant future. And he loves to jump. Loves, loves, loves it! Sometimes I have to even take him out of the jumper because I feel like he's just been in there too long! He continues to be such a sweet addition to our family, eliciting kisses and squeezes from the rest of us. What can I say, I guess we're all just defenseless against his soft coo's and his gummy smiles!These summer days are good. They are memorable. They are filled to the brim with the grace of God. And they are going entirely too fast.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I love the flea market next time I may want to join you..Love a great bargain!!

Tania said...

Aww!! Thanks for the update! Glad your summer is going so great!! I need to find some sort of homeschool group closer to us or something so my kids have friends to hang out with again. :D Love ya'll!!

Aunt Kim said...

Fun, Fun, Fun
I would so be right beside you at the Flea Market. I love bargain shopping