Thursday, September 4, 2008

Top 10 Lessons From a Bum Genius 3.0...

1. When rinsing a dirty diaper in the toliet, make sure said diaper is waaayyyy down low in the toliet before turning on the jet fuel powered sprayer. If you don't, you'll have to burn your clothes afterwards.
2. Some babies, like Abe, are classified in the "heavy wetter" category and require an extra insert to absorb. Until I figured out this useful piece of info, I have had to change his clothes several times a day. Mine as well. Yeah! More laundry!
3. Tongs are not only useful in the kitchen...
4. Hand sanitizer does not cut in after a diaper change anymore. I now scrub up like an ER doc.
5. My appreciation has grown for women who used to use cloth because there was no other option. This is compounded by the fact that they didn't have a washing machine and dryer either.
6. Gagging does not earn sympathy from anybody, especially since I signed up for this.
7. The saying that "because it's YOUR child, it won't gross you out" has limitations.
8. They look even cuter in their fluffy booty diapers, if that's even possible.
9. Tea tree oil really does naturally eliminate odor, only because you can smell the tea tree oil and nothing else. David asked if I was sick the other day because I smelled like Vicks!
10. People don't ask if "twins" has made me crazy anymore. They see me with cloth diapers and the just assume that it has. : )
All joking aside, things are really going well. I just posted this to be funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah. This is hilarious! I love those seats you have the boys in on the counter on the post below. Wish I'd had one of those when mine were little. Love your blog.