Sunday, March 2, 2008

We're Home

We're home. I know several of you have been wondering and asking where we are; if we are home or still at the hospital. Well, we're home. We got home about 6 tonight only to unpack a few things and then leave again to grab a quick dinner and then head down to the hospital. We love getting to visit the babies in the evening, after visiting hours are over and we can just have them all to ourselves in the quiet nursery. It's a good thing there's two of them because I really think Jer and I would go to war over who got the hold/change/feed a single baby! Ha! We'll see how long that lasts. Pretty soon we'll be Rock-Paper-Scissoring over who HAS to change them : )
Ben and Abe are still doing amazing. The are in the "Growers and Feeders" nursery which means they are just there to "grow" and "learn to feed." There's lots and lots of stats to report but my mind feels so foggy and tired right now I think I'll settle with just "amazing." I just love them so much~Every time I hold them, I fall even more in love. They are our boys. Our sons. How surreal that is.
I hope to post more in the coming days...please be patient with us though. We are still recovering from the grand event : ) and what energy and time we do have we want to devote to rest and our babies. I know several of you are curious about their delivery and the details of this week and I promise I will get a blog up soon. For now just know that our whole family is doing well. Please continue to keep us in your prayers though. Specifically for our family's health and that the boys would continue to grow strong and come home FAST!!!
P.S. Jeremy has been updating the pictures in the slideshow daily. He has them dated so you can follow along with what pictures go with what days. Be sure to check that slideshow so you can keep up with how much they are changing! Also, unfortunately we cannot have any visitors in the NICU due to stricter regulations associated with flu season. As much as we would love for all of you to visit the babies, we just can't at this time. As soon as the visitor ban is lifted we will let you all know. (But not before we let Courtney know!)
We love you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that from afar, (South Dakota via pictures) these two little ones already look to me like they are growing. They both look so healthy. I am so pleased that their "mom" has gained back strength and is doing much better. As for their "dad", well let me just say YOU ARE AWESOME as well.
All my love, prayers, kisses and hugs to the four Sloans.
Aunt Kim