Monday, December 31, 2007

December...What a Blur!

So in case Jeremy and I didn't see you or talk to you over the last couple of weeks, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We pray all is well with you and your families and that you are rejoicing in the birth of Jesus the Christ!
We have been very busy over the Christmas holiday celebrating with and enjoying family. I am EXTREMELY grateful that the Lord provided for me to be able to see and visit with all of our family, those here and in Colorado! We were a little unsure if I would be able to make the trip to see my family, but praise be to God everything worked out and we had a wonderful time! My sister, Dru, David, Jeremy and I were able to spend five days in Colorado with extended family and with my mom. We spent two days at a cabin outside of Ft. Collins (BRRRRRR!) and the rest of the time in Loveland with my momma. It was a bittersweet time because this is the last year that we will all for sure be able to make it for our Christmas celebration. As most of you know, Court and Dru are preparing to move to College Station, Texas and Dave ships out to Camp Pendelton this coming summer for the Marines. Who knows what next December will hold! Nevertheless, it was a great time filled with lots of laughing and even more food...man am I in trouble when I hit the scale at my next Dr.'s appointment!
Things are still going wonderfully with the pregnancy and the babies and I am still feeling great. We have another ultrasound this Wednesday and at twenty six weeks, the babies should be a lot of fun to see and watch move. I just can't believe how fast things are moving along! We are down to 11 weeks maximum before they are delivered and it just doesn't seem like it could be time already! Even though the nursery is set up and the final steps are coming together, it just feels like we haven't done enough to be able to become parents. Almost like there should be classes you should have to complete or something. It's strange...I just can't wrap my mind around it yet. Please continue to keep us in prayer, specifically that Jeremy and I would continue seek the Lord as we prepare to become parents, that I would remain healthy and on my feet (no bed rest)for the duration, and that the babies would continue to grow and thrive and not come out until they are good and ready to.
Other than that, life is pretty much the same for Jeremy and I. Work is going very well for Jer and I am enjoying my short time of "rest" before the ninos arrive. We are just so blessed and grateful for where the Lord has us and for what he has done in our lives. We deserve nothing and yet He provides so abundantly. All praise be to HIM!
A safe and happy New Year to all! Love from the Sloans!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were also very blessed to have you, Jeremy, and those two little ones with us at Christmas. It was a very special time spent together sans no cell phones, television or interntet access!
Stay rested, keep cooking those ninos, and of course you will all four be in our prayers.
Love Aunt Kim