Monday, October 8, 2007

We're still here...

So I looked at the calendar today and couldn't believe it's already October 8th!!! Almost two two weeks since our last blog or update to the site! The time has truly flown by. Here's an update on what's been going on in the Sloan household that's kept us so busy.

  • I recently celebrated my 25th birthday (September 25th). Yes folks, half a century, as I've been reminded over and over by my loved ones. It's okay though. 25 is a good solid age. It was a good week all in all. We ended up having dinner with my dad, Vicky, Court, Drew, David and his girlfriend, Laura, at the Melting Pot on my actual birthday. Aside from David's contempt for food that does not begin with Taco or end in Bell, it was a nice night. Jeremy and I went out later in the week for dinner just the two of us. I searched all over town for Mussels and linguine only to find that there is not one restaurant in town that serves what I was looking for besides Luigi's on fourth street. It looked a little...uh....questionable and so I opted out considering that this would not be the most convienient time for food poisioning. So we went to Bravo and I managed to talk our waiter into having the chef whip up my birthday meal. After he found out I was pregnant, he was willing to do whatever! He said his pregnant wife had him at Wal-Mart at 8:30 the night before searching for Hebrew National Hot Dogs. He totally understood.
  • Jeremy's sister, Staci, and her fiance August tied the knot! (September 29th) It was a fun week cooking and decorating and gearing up for the big day. This was the fourth, and final, wedding that I was a bridesmaid in. Jeremy did the music for the ceremony. We are happy that all these lovely couples are wed, but man are we more happy that this season of family weddings has come to a close. Let's just hope that they space their babies out a bit more.
  • We've decided to finally redo our laundry room. It was a nightmare of a space beforehand with these itty bitty shelves that were installed like 30 years ago. Totally non-usable unless your storing baby food jars of nuts and bolts (Dad~You would love it!). Anyway, everytime I try to dig out some kitchen item that is infrequently used, I swear I am going to get this project done so I can have a better way of organizing things. Well Jeremy finally took me up on it. We demoed, spackeled, textured, painted and BAM! It's a new room! Our new washer and dryer are stackable too so with a little help from our friend Brandon (the dryer was WAY over my ten pound limit) we have an appliance high rise! It's really coming along. Our last step is just figuring out our shelving units. Lowe's has four isles of all kinds of organizing magic that was just way too huge for this hungry lady to shop through after church yesterday. We'll probably try our luck tonight or tomorrow.
  • We have also been spending our nights shopping for cribs and bedding. It's a tough decision. We are challenged between what we want versus what is practical and affordable considering there are two of everything to buy. It's funny how you can get wrapped up in the tiny details of how you want the room to look and the babies won't know a bit of difference!! Nevertheless, we are going to have to come to a conclusion real soon because our window of opportunity is slowing closing. :)

Life is great! We are so blessed and thankful to God who is the giver of all things good. I apologize for not being as good at keeping you all updated but please know that we haven't forgotten you. We love each of you and hope that you are well. Keep checking back as I have been told that the master of the pictures will be adding my last two belly shots tonight.

No comments: