Monday, October 22, 2007

Update

So we had our appointment on Thursday, unfortunatly I haven't felt much like updating you all because of a bad headache that I have had. Thankfully, I am feeling MUCH better now. Anyway, last Thursday was a very exciting day...we didn't have an ultrasound but we did get to hear the babies heartbeats at least. It was the first time we've actually gotten to hear them! It was kind of funny because it sounded very little like a beating heart and more like a distorted version of a dog barking. While the nurse was listening to the first (144 beats per minute) Jeremy asked if we would be able to hear both babies at the same time, she just laughed like we were joking! After we informed her we were not, she tried looking for the second but had a hard time because baby B just kept moving. Finally, success, and we heard the second baby's heart (138 beats per minute). It was a glorious sound~
At this appointment, the doctor also set us up for our big ultasound on November 15th. It's the one where they measure the heads, legs, organs and whatever else they do. We are very excited but a little nervouse that the ultrasound tech might spill the beans on the sexes of the babies! There's just so many body parts floating around in there, who knows what might pop up on the screen! I will be 19 weeks at that appointment. Yikes! Where is the time going!!

I am also very excited to report that I've been feeling movement! At first I just thought I was a weird muscle spasm or something but after feeling it for the last week I'm pretty convinced that it's the babies boxing for space :)

No comments: