Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Coke Plant


So this is my "Coke" plant. It sits in my office and has for almost two years. I don't like to take it all the way downstairs to water it, so for the past year and nine months, I've simply poured the remanants of whatever soda I'm drinking into it. Back in my Diet Dr. Pepper Big Gulp days (yum!) it would even sometimes get the leftover ice. Others have doubted my methods, but my plant has flourised and even flowers regularily. However, since I am now what Aunt Debbie likes to refer to as "Two-in-Tow" and am no longer drinking caffeine, I have just been giving my plant what plants around the globe have been surviving on for years...plain ol' H2O. Well, the plant doesn't like it. In fact, I think it's given up it's will to live (or it's just in severe caffeine withdrawl). Regardless, if I have to start buying coke to keep this plant alive, I think it will go in the trash. I'm sure somewhere, in some book, there's someone advising someone like me not to have children...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't throw it away! Some of us are still drinking Diet Dr. Pepper and would gladly keep it alive for scientific purposes. . .

heavenslight said...

Your sick man......somebody like you ought not to have children!