Thursday, May 29, 2008

Let Ye Lesson Be Learned

So with three months under my belt, I can say that I now change a quick diaper, breeze through a bath, and can practically feed the boys in my sleep. Not today my friends. It started this morning when I went to feed the boys. I forgot to screw the lid on tight on Ben's bottle and so when I tilted it...need I say more. It was okay because they were both due for a bath so I partially cleaned us both up and continued the feeding. Well the story continues...Abe had a blowout mid-feeding and poo went EVERYWHERE! Fantastic. Change him, change me, clean up as best I could...again I repeat they were due for a bath. So, I finished the feeding and then started their bath. Well as I've said before the first rule with baby boys is "dinger down." Keep it covered and down at all times. I guess I got distracted or maybe even a little overconfident but I started spraying Ben down with no splash guard...lesson learned. He peed an ocean all over the counter, me and the kitchen floor.

Holy Thursday, Batman.
Re-wash Ben, clean up the ocean, change me. What a morning.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You gotta love those days, lol!!!! Hang in there mama, we will laugh (and probably cry) over these days when they are long gone and there is no pee to clean off the floor :( And besides, are you really officially mommy until you get pooped, peed, or barfed on anyway? Love and hugs!!
-Rach

Anonymous said...

Could be worse.......instead of an ocean all over the counter, could have been a mouth full of ....need I say more. Your cousin, Dustin, did this to me on more than one occasion. You have been warned!
Aunt Kim

Brian and Lauren said...

Isn't being a mom great ;-)!!!
I remember a few similar days like this. In fact I remember one in particular that happened at Cici's, my sister-in-law was so kind as to go buy me a new shirt at the dollar store. It all goes by to fast though, my babies arent' any where near babies any more. Love ya