Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Nineteen and a Half Weeks

This week snow has fallen. And fallen. And fallen. In fact, we had a huge snowstorm this weekend that started Friday and didn't let up until Tuesday morning. Overall, I think we got about 2 feet, with about 18 inches of it coming Monday after Jer left for the airport, of course!! While it was absolutely beautiful, I jumped ship to my in-laws Monday afternoon once they opened the highway up in fear of being snowed in for the next two days with the 3 kids, 3 and under, and 19 1/2 weeks pregnant. Let's just say that the elements inside where scarier than the elements outside.
Speaking of 19 1/2 weeks, here's the state of my rounding belly, as of this morning. It's in the bathroom but that's the only place in the whole house where a mirror is hung on the wall. Am I only one with commitment issues when it comes deciding where to hang things up in a new place? It drives Jeremy crazy but I just don't have a clue where to begin. Anyway, it's nice to finally be past the frumpy stage and into the rounding out stage.
Last, I just wanted to share this cute little baby hat that I crocheted. As I've recently taught myself how to crochet, close to my heart are quick to finish projects like this, mostly because I like the satisfaction of a completed product, but also because they're not usually very complicated. Of the few things I have done, this by far has been my favorite. Completed with much hope, I might add...
But 3 doses of common sense tell me that I better not make the flower permanent :) 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so want to try the hat. It's adorable!! Just don't know if there are enough babies to outfit with this, cuz I could probably make a ton. Doing a great job Sarah.

Enjoy the snow, the serenity, quiet and overall beauty of it. Afterall, in the nicer months, you're back to running errands, library, parks, Dions, etc., etc., .....

Love Mama

Sydni said...

Oh Sarah, you're too cute. I LOVE the hat. And, you are not the only one who doesn't have a clue where to start hanging stuff. I usually just stick stuff up without thinking about it enough though. :)

Anonymous said...

Aunt Courtney, who I might add predicted twins and Ju-Ju as a boy, says: Add the flower. Love your belly! <3 Courtney

Anonymous said...

Atta girl Court!!!!!!!

Mom

Kristen@Chasing Blue Skies said...

Oh my STARS, that hat is too darling for words! I can't wait to hear if you get to put the flower on it or if you will have a house full of adoring boys!

And BTW, you are *the* most darling pregnant woman evuh!

Have a great weekend!