Monday, August 31, 2009

Painting the Town

It's no secret that life at home with small children can get a little...uh...hairy, at times. Especially those days when you're all stuck at home. Lately, we've been having a lot more of those "home" days. Although we'd all much rather be at the park, lunch with friends, or just running errands, the fact of the matter is that I just can't do it everyday! So in an effort to help combat The Deuce from running around the house like the hooligans that they are, I thought I would introduce a little structured play. So, the boys and I tried our hand at finger painting this week. Not quite ready for the "real" stuff, I concocted a recipe from the web, 2 tablespoons of flour, water (add to desired consistency), and a drop of food coloring. They painted on wax paper taped to their trays and when they were done, I pressed a piece of paper down on top of the wax paper to transfer their art work.

Little Picasso's, I tell ya!
-Utter concentration-
Diggin' the mess!
I love Abe's *paintin* face!
Ben looks like he's got a busted lip but it's just paint :)

Ben's Masterpiece!
A.B.'s Masterpiece!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a lot braver than I ever was. How much of it did they really eat? Last question, did it turn into refrigerator art?

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Here's hoping it took at least an hour to complete the masterpieces. If so, try it again.

Love,
Grammy Pammy

Susan said...

Awesome! This is exactly the kind of thing I am looking forward to! Doing crafts, making play dough.. just DOING stuff.
Looks like they enjoyed themselves!

Unknown said...

That is a genius idea! Way to go Mrs. Sarah! You are a great mom!

Tania said...

Another idea... pudding! you can make art with it and who cares if a little goes in the mouth. :) they don't really know the colors right now.. it is all about the goo and the fun! :)