Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mom's In Town! Yeah!

My mom flew into town yesterday. Originally the plan was so that she could attend my baby shower but instead she's been cooking, doing laundry and cleaning. What a vacation! It's been wonderful though. I haven't had much of an appetite since the hospital and my weight seems to show it; I've lost six pounds. However, mom made spaghetti, her wonderful salad and bread last night and this morning she made french toast. At this rate, I'll gain those six pounds back no problem.
Tomorrow is the two week mark since I've been put on bed rest. I really cannot believe it's been that long~It seems so strange not to have driven or grocery shopped for two weeks. I've never been so stationary in my life!!! I am just SO grateful that we have these two weeks behind us though. Jeremy and I heard while we were in the hospital that for every three weeks I can stay on bed rest that will save the babies six weeks time in the NICU. Totally worth it. I just hope we can go another three weeks and without going back to the hospital.
We had a doctor's appointment this last Wednesday and thankfully everything checked out wonderfully. The babies heartbeats sounded strong and my contractions still seem to be under control with the medicine. Even though I am only 29 weeks, I measured at 37 weeks (term for a singleton pregnancy!) This growth is still so amazing. I also measured around my belly for the first time in two weeks. I measured at 43" inches around my belly button. I have officially added over a foot to my waistline!! Jeremy and I will try and get a picture up this weekend so those of you in belly picture withdrawal can get your fix. We have another doctor's appointment this coming Wednesday as well. So check back for more ultrasound movies and pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your mom is getting her "belly" fix. In addition, she is probably in heaven helping you out. We are anxiously waiting for our "belly" fix as well so post those pictures soon. Keep rsting and keep cooking those two little ones. We love you.
Aunt Kim